Smashing Pink is an active LGBTI tennis club in Amsterdam with players on all levels. Pink stands for our gay identity. Smashing Pink is a diverse tennis club. Everybody is very welcome.
Smashing Pink is a gay and straight friendly club. Pink stands for our gay identity. At the same time, Smashing Pink welcomes everybody regardless of sexual orientation, colour, religion, age or gender. Our members play a wide range of levels from KNLTB level 2 to 9 and GLTA level Open to D. We have almost 300 members, including members from the Netherlands, Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Dominican Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Indonesia, Ireland, Kenya, Malaysia, Morocco, the Philippines, Poland, Russia, Spain, Surinam, Switzerland, the UK, and the US.
Come and play, free of charge, on one of the tennis toss evenings (every Monday and Friday from 6 PM until 9.45 PM) to get a feel for the club. Monday at the backside of the tennispark, friday at the front of the tennispark. Or join the Midsummer tennis toss or the Gay Pride tennis toss, also free of charge. Please ask for the toss boss when you are attending a toss. (S)he needs to know you are playing as a guest and can inform you on where and with whom to play.
Smashing Pink organizes many activities:
- KNLTB competition (Spring-competition: April-May-June AND Fall-competition: September-October). Questions? Mail the competition commission.
- Intern (club) competition (4 saturdays in June and in July). Beginners levels 8&9. Questions? Please send an email at Internal Club competition
- Weekly tennis toss on Mondays and Fridays from 18.00 - 21.45 hrs (April-September)
- Pinkster Tournament (during Pentacost), an international open tournament
- Gay Pride Toss for members and non-members (last Friday before the Canal Parade)
- Club Championships
- End of year toss and celebration for members and non-members. This is part of our Wintertoss Saturdaynight events. 5x A year during winter.
- Winter tennis toss evenings on five Saturdays. These event will be announced through our newsletter that all members receive.
New member services
Should you join our club not knowing many people we can find you a temporary ‘buddy’ of your own playing level who will help familiarise you with our club and to get to know other players.
Another way to meet people with whom you can play tennis is to join our tennis toss evenings, every Monday and Friday from 6 PM until 9.45 PM.
If you are not sure yet whether to become a member, please come and play, free of charge, on one of the tennis toss evenings (every Monday and Friday from 6 PM until 9.45 PM) to get a feel for the club. Or come to the Gay Pride tennis toss, also free of charge. You are also invited to join our morning tosses on Tuesday- and Thursdaymorning from 10AM until 12AM. As a guest you are welcome to get to know our club. If you decide to join, send an email.
In the winter, Smashing Pink organizes 5 Winter tennis tosses. Data will be announced in the newsletter.
Membership and fee
Full-time membership allows you to play seven days a week from April 1st until September 30th from 9 AM until 11 PM (unless the courts are occupied by another activity). We use an online reservation system which will allow you to make your court reservation from home.
Membership fee: €225 (after July 1st: € 120)
Youth membership is for players between 18 and 24 years old. The playing rights are the same as for full-time membership, see above. In order to qualify for a youth membership you will be asked to send a copy of your passport, driver's licence or identity card to the address found in the membership registration form.
Membership fee: €115 (after July 1st: € 60)
All new members are obliged to pay a one-off joining fee of € 15.--
You can enroll as a new member of Smashing Pink by completing the online form (sorry, only in Dutch).
Existing members who do not pay their fee before February 1st or by direct debit are liable to a €15 surcharge.
Cancellation of membership or changes to the type of membership must be made in writing (email) before 1st December to the membership administrator.
Some rules and more information
- Questions? Please send us an email
- Members may only play with a valid membership pass.
- Passes are available for collection after your membership fee has been received
- You will receive a pass from the Dutch tennis bond (KNLTB); this pass is also your club card.
- From the beginning of the season the KNLTB pass may be collected at any time from the Amstelpark reception desk
- When you commence playing, you make a reservation for the court online or by sliding your card through the slot holder at the tennis park. It will show you which courts are free.
- During the year a number of activities (such as the KNLTB – and club-competition, some tournaments and (special) tennis tosses) will be organised on behalf of club members
- Members who take part in the annual Pinkster Tournament will receive a discount on their registration fee
- Smashing Pink is a member of the Dutch tennis bond (KNLTB), the GLTA (The Gay and Lesbian Tennis Alliance) and the EGLSF (The European Gay and Lesbian Sport Federation)
- In the winterperiod (October till March) you can play on the outdoor courts. You can buy a special winter tennis card from Amstelpark to play in the winter; with which you can reserve an outdoor court.
- You can rent an indoor court at Amstelpark, and outdoor courts (outside the season)
Venue, opening hours
Venue and opening hours
Smashing Pink has access to 3 outdoor gravel courts on the premises of Sportspark Amstelpark. During toss activities we van play on 5 gravel courts. Amstelpark is open daily from 07:00 till 23:00. In the winterperiod (October till March) the outdoor courts are open till 22:00.
Address: Koenenkade 8, 1081 KH Amsterdam
Phone Amstelpark: +31 (0)20 3010715
Sportspark Amstelpark has 21 outdoor gravel courts (red clay) and 11 indoor hard courts. It offers a large restaurant with hot and cold meals and snacks. There is a tennis shop and free wifi is available. The venue has a fitness, spa and pool and plenty of parking and offers massages. The Sportspark also contains a hotel, Spa Sport Hotel Zuiver.
Route and parking
Coming from A10 exit S108 [Amstelveen]. Follow the ramp to the entrance of the Amsterdam Forest. Turn right, go to the T-junction and turn right again.
The route to our Amstelpark tennis venue you will find at the bottom of this website.
Big parking next to Amstelpark tennis venue.
Hourly rate: € 1,40 (first 3 hours for free). Take a ticket and pay at the ticket machine when leaving, or hold your bankcard in front of the machine befor entering, and do the same when leaving at the exit. Your payment will be automatically deducted from your bank account.
Parking at Amstelpark (Spa Zuiver parking area)
Hourly rate: € 2,10