Information in English
Smashing Pink is a LGBTI+ tennis club in Amsterdam with players of all levels. Pink stands for our gay identity - Smashing Pink is a very diverse tennis club. Everybody is more than welcome!
Smashing Pink welcomes everybody regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, age or disability. Our members consist of beginners up to very advanced players. We have around 250 members, including members from among others the Netherlands, Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Dominican Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Indonesia, Ireland, Kenya, Malaysia, Morocco, the Philippines, Poland, Russia, Spain, Surinam, Switzerland, the UK, and the US.
Come and play, free of charge, on one of the tennis toss events (every Monday and Friday evening from 6pm until 10pm) to get a feel for the club. Or join our Open Day and/or Gay Pride Toss, also free of charge.
Smashing Pink organizes many activities:
- KNLTB competition (Spring competition: April-May-June and Fall competition: September-October). Questions? Mail the Competition Committee.
- Internal Competition (4 Saturdays in June & July). Beginners levels 8&9. Questions? Please send an email to Internal Club competition
- Weekly tennis toss on Mondays and Fridays from 6-10pm hrs (April through September). Please ask for the toss boss when you are attending a toss.
- Pinkster Tournament (during Pentacost), our yearly GLTA Masters event.
- Gay Pride Toss for members and non-members (last Friday of the Pride Week before the Canal Parade). Please ask for the toss boss when you are attending the Gay Pride Toss.You have to subscribe in the menu activiteiten > GayPrideToss.
- Club Championships
- Winter tennis toss evenings on Saturdays - End of year toss and celebration for members and non-members. This is part of our Wintertoss Saturdaynight events, which takes place 2-4 times a year during the winter season. . These event will be announced through our newsletter that all members receive.
New member services
In case you'd like us to match you up with someone for a tennis date and/or help to find you a temporary ‘buddy’ to help you familiarize with our club and to get to know other players, send us an email to email@example.com.
Toss: Monday and Friday from 6-10pm. Probably the best way to meet members and get to know our club better is to join our tennis toss events, which we organize every Monday and Friday from 6-10pm. Just show up whenever you like and ask the tossboss to match you up for doubles sessions.
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday between 9-12am: We also have toss events in the morning on Monday between 9-12am (for beginners) and on Tuesday and Thursday for slightly more advanced players. If you'd like to participate, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
During the winter period, Smashing Pink organizes 3 Winter tennis tosses. The data will be announced in the newsletter.
Membership and fee
Full-time membership allows you to play seven days a week from April 1st through September 30th from 9am until 11pm (unless the courts are occupied by another activity). We use an online reservation system which will allow you to make your court reservation from home.
Membership fee: €240,- (after July 1st: €122 - after August 1st: € 80,- for the rest of the season).
Youth membership is for players between 18 and 24 years old. The playing rights are the same as a full membership, see above. In order to qualify for a youth membership you will be asked to send a copy of your passport, driver's licence or identity card to the address found in the membership registration form.
Membership fee: €122,- (after July 1st: €61,-).
You can enroll as a new member of Smashing Pink by completing the online form.
Existing members who do not pay their membership fee before February 1st or by direct debit are liable to a €15,- surcharge.
Cancelation of membership or changes to the type of membership must be made in writing (just send us an email) before December 1st to the membership administrator.
With our new Monthly subscription you can subscribe from the month of your preference and simply pay by IDeal immediately. Your subscription will be extended without notice until you unsubscribe via email@example.com.
Some rules and more information
- Questions? Please send us an email!
- Members may only play with a valid membership card (KNLTB card).
- Your KNLTB card will be available for collection after your membership fee has been duly received. We will receive your KNLTB card within approximately two weeks of your registration and it can be collected from the card box on top of our digital reservation system on the right side of the hallway leading up to the indoor courts.
- Please check the manual for reserving a court in order to book a court at the club, make a reservation via our website or mobile application (ClubApp).
- Members who take part in the annual Pinkster Tournament will receive a discount on their registration fee.
- Smashing Pink is a member of the Dutch tennis bond (KNLTB), the GLTA (The Gay and Lesbian Tennis Alliance) and the EGLSF (The European Gay and Lesbian Sport Federation).
Venue, opening hours
Venue and opening hours
Smashing Pink has access to 3 outdoor gravel courts (10,11 and 12) on the premises of Tennis Club Amstelpark. During toss activities we van play on 4 or 5 gravel courts. Amstelpark is open daily from 8-11pm. In the winter period (October through March) the outdoor courts are open until 10pm.
Address: Koenenkade 8, 1081 KH Amsterdam
Telephone: +31 (0)20 3010715
Tennis Club Amstelpark has 21 outdoor gravel courts (red clay), 11 indoor hard courts and 4 padel courts. It offers a large restaurant with hot and cold meals and snacks. There is a tennis shop and there's free WiFi. The venue has a fitness, spa and pool and plenty of parking and offers massages. The facilities also include a hotel and Spa Zuiver.
Route and parking
Coming from A10 exit S108 [Amstelveen]. Follow the ramp to the entrance of the Amsterdam Forest. Turn right, go to the T-junction and turn right again.
The route to our Amstelpark tennis venue you will find at the bottom of this website.
Big parking next to Amstelpark tennis venue.
Hourly rate: € 2,50 (first 3 hours for free; then €0,25/6min; with a maximum of €15,- per day). Take a ticket and pay at the ticket machine when leaving, or hold your bankcard in front of the machine befor entering, and do the same when leaving at the exit. Your payment will be automatically deducted from your bank account. Parking is free from 7pm on and in the weekend. Don't forget to take a ticket from the machine nevertheless!
Parking at Amstelpark (Spa Zuiver parking area)
Hourly rate: € 3,00